Carrot Raisin Muffins
Recipe by Paula Rochelle
First, mix the garbanzo bean flour, potato starch,
and tapioca starch or flour together to make your gluten-free baking mix.
- 3 3⁄4 cup garbanzo bean flour
- 2 1⁄4 cup potato starch (not potato flour)
- 1 1⁄2 cup tapioca starch or flour
- 1⁄4 cup flaxseed meal (about 4 Tbsp seeds, ground in coffee grinder)
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 cups baking mix (above)
- 2 Tbsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp xanthium gum
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 1 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup apple sauce
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 to 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 to 1 1⁄2 cups raisins
Mix together flaxseed meal and water and let sit for 5 minutes.
In a medium bowl, combine 2 cups baking mix (above), ginger, soda,
cinnamon, xanthium gum & salt. In a large bowl, cream together the sugar
and oil. Add apple sauce & vanilla and mix.
Add flaxseed mixture and combine well. Add flour and stir well.
Fold in carrots and raisins.
Pour into cupcake tins lined with papers or oiled.
Bake at 350° F for 25 minutes.
Makes approximately 2 dozen muffins.